Ron Chang 2020.jpg
Ron Chang WIN Tri-Cities

Mold Test

What is Mold Test?

Mold is a fungus that grows due to tiny spores floating in the air. It is so common that studies have shown it is present in at least 50% of homes.

While spores may be harmless in small quantities, their presence is risky because of how quickly they can spread – especially after landing on damp surfaces ranging from 40°F to 100°F. Once the spread begins, it can damage surfaces and infrastructure and cause severe health issues in humans.

Mold Testing by WIN Home Inspection informs buyers about any traces of this substance that could be present.

Why is a Mold Test required?

Mold is most likely to develop and spread in dark, damp locations, damaging anything in its way and detrimental to the structure of a home and human health. When untreated, it can lead to:

  • Allergies
  • Eye irritation
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Memory loss
  • Mental health changes
  • Nose bleeds
  • Respiratory ailments
  • Systemic inflammation

Since the slightest exposure for even a few days is hazardous, buyers must get the home tested for mold to avoid costly repairs and health risks.

What is covered in a Mold Test?

During a Mold Test, a trained WIN Home Inspector will check for hidden growth using specialized equipment that collects air samples or conduct mold surface sample testing on visible mold issues. WIN partners with accredited laboratories to provide professional and fast test results with recommendations for repairs and maintenance.